July 2013 – April 2014
- July 4: Registration Period Begins
- August 23: Registration Period Ends
- August 24: Late Registration Period Begins
- August 26: Term Courses Begin
- August 30: Late Registration Period Closes at noon
- December 8: Term Courses End
The following is a financial aid to do list with recommendations for the Fall Trimester
- Submit Your FAFSA: We recommend you submit before July 4th for the Fall term – http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Complete a Financial Aid Study Plan: Make sure you secure course approval from your academic advisor
- Establish Veterans Educational Benefit Eligibility: If applicable check with Financial Aid 7 to 10 days after completion of your study plan and receiving course approval – www.gibill.va.gov
- Check status of Financial Aid application: We recommend you check before the trimester begins using your MyExcelsior account
- Check your scholarship status: Institutional Scholarships are awarded three times a year on the 30th of each month (September, January and May)
- Complete MPN and entrance counseling: A scholarship review that should be completed as soon as awards are accepted and by disbursement
- Request Book Voucher: Are provided once a student registers for courses and can be requested at email@example.com
You received a call for an interview. There’s an initial sense of excitement, but now what? What questions will be asked? What kind of answers is the interviewer looking for? How do you respond in a way that shows them you are uniquely qualified for the position?
Join Ed Hallenbeck, Career Consultant for Excelsior College, to learn now to answer common and difficult interview questions with poise and confidence.
Do you have questions about Excelsior College? Are you thinking about enrolling at Excelsior but are unsure about how the process works? If so, join our webinar for an overview of Excelsior College, Excelsior’s degree programs and our flexible and affordable degree completion options.
LinkedIn, the social network for “professionals”, now has more than 200 million users. But how can returning veterans use the site to network, find new opportunities, and advance in their career? Join Excelsior College’s Center for Military Education to learn how to:
- Develop a LinkedIn profile page that is professional, eye-catching and optimized to be found by employers looking for veterans with your skills and experience.
- Join professional groups that can connect you to industry, help you build relationships, demonstrate your expertise and stay current.
- Create a “brand” that will highlight your professional achievements and tell your story.
- Search and find jobs that interest you!
The presentation will be led by Excelsior College’s Maribeth Gunner, Director of Career Services, and Peter Del Monico, Career Services Coordinator.
Are you interested in a degree or obtaining career development in Human Services? Our Human Services webinar will offer you an opportunity to learn about one of our newest degree offerings and how it will assist you reach your career goals. A School of Liberal Arts representative and Heather Rooney, Partnership Development Specialist, will provide you with information about our degree offerings, resources and our partnership programs and how they will assist you in achieving your educational goals.
In a competitive job market it’s important to develop and implement a comprehensive job search plan that employs a multi-faceted approach, using a variety of job search tools. But not all tools are alike, and some are more important than others in building an effective plan. Join Ed Hallenbeck, Career Consultant for Excelsior College, to discuss and learn about the essential tools for your job search tool box. Online registration required (www.excelsior.edu/alumnichatreg).
There are a variety of job and career fairs, but they all have one thing in common. They attract large volumes of job seekers who are vying for the time and attention of a smaller group of recruiters. So how do you find your way through the maze of fellow job seekers and set yourself apart from others? Join Ed Hallenbeck, Career Consultant for Excelsior College, for an interesting and interactive discussion about strategies you can use to successfully navigate the job and career fair maze. Online registration required (www.excelsior.edu/alumnichatreg).