July – December 2013
The following is a financial aid to do list with recommendations for the Fall Trimester
- Submit Your FAFSA: We recommend you submit before July 4th for the Fall term – http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Complete a Financial Aid Study Plan: Make sure you secure course approval from your academic advisor
- Establish Veterans Educational Benefit Eligibility: If applicable check with Financial Aid 7 to 10 days after completion of your study plan and receiving course approval – www.gibill.va.gov
- Check status of Financial Aid application: We recommend you check before the trimester begins using your MyExcelsior account
- Check your scholarship status: Institutional Scholarships are awarded three times a year on the 30th of each month (September, January and May)
- Complete MPN and entrance counseling: A scholarship review that should be completed as soon as awards are accepted and by disbursement
- Request Book Voucher: Are provided once a student registers for courses and can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn, the social network for “professionals”, now has more than 200 million users. But how can returning veterans use the site to network, find new opportunities, and advance in their career? Join Excelsior College’s Center for Military Education to learn how to:
- Develop a LinkedIn profile page that is professional, eye-catching and optimized to be found by employers looking for veterans with your skills and experience.
- Join professional groups that can connect you to industry, help you build relationships, demonstrate your expertise and stay current.
- Create a “brand” that will highlight your professional achievements and tell your story.
- Search and find jobs that interest you!
The presentation will be led by Excelsior College’s Maribeth Gunner, Director of Career Services, and Peter Del Monico, Career Services Coordinator.